Over het bedrijf
This company is a leading supplier of customized,
innovative thermal and coating equipment. The core competences of this company are thermal processes as well as deposition processes using thermal
evaporation, (PE)CVD and ALD for both rigid and flexible substrates.
With our solutions, we answer the needs of the market from pilot to
cost-effective Current focus of this company is on profitable product market combinations in
Renewable Energy, Battery, Automotive, Semiconductor and parallel
application spin-off from our technology portfolio.
In the position of Lead Mechanical Engineer, you coach the engineers in your project team and are involved in the project at an early stage. The Lead Mechanical Engineer remains involved in project discussions and takes the responsibility for the technical design. The Lead Engineer will work closely with the project leader, system architects and engineers from other disciplines to determine the final roadmap regarding planning, effort and design. You have an eye for design and finding the optimum between functionality, manufacturability, cost price, quality and scalability. You are an inspiration to get the best result out of your team and steer your team to achieve the best possible project result within the set conditions. You challenge them to continuously improve the way of working to increase effectiveness and efficiency.Involved in the feasibility phase where you will study the feasibility of mechanical solutions based on customer specifications;Contributing to the system roadmap using your mechanical expertise;Contribute to the work breakdown, plan and track your and the teams activities;Dissecting customer/ product specifications in various levels of complexity;Determining the system requirements, mechanical requirements;Setting up the mechanical system tree, design and model the product in 3D/2D, while maintaining the correct revisioning;Review the mechanical solutions of the team 3D/2D models in relationship to the specifications.Determining material choices, cost price, scalability and quality at an early stage of development, in close cooperation with the purchasing department and suppliers;Defining modules and related technical interfaces;Convert the designs into production documentation and take care of the validation of the designs;Responsible to monitor projects within the agreed specifications;A situational leader for our internal and external Mechanical Design Engineers on a technical level;Coordinating the distribution of work and monitor overall progress in an agile way;Managing collaborative partners internally and externally;You make the required mechanical calculations/simulations and make risk analyses for the Machinery Directive and CE marking;You coach, advise and guide engineers in solving complex, technically substantive issues;You are responsible for the planning and progress of your engineering team.
Wat vragen wij jou
- You have a background as a Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of
8 years’ experience in an equivalent role preferably in a machine
- You have a Bachelor (or higher) degree education in the area of Mechanical Engineering or a comparable study;
- You are able to read specifications and to convert them into concepts;
- You are a creative and conceptual thinker (construction principles, material knowledge, electrical basics);
- You are able to convert concepts into system trees and manageable, controllable work packages;
- You have experience with “parametric setup of 3D models in SolidWorks”, or at least have affinity with this;
- You are familiar with modular design;
- You are familiar with manufacturing and cost price;
- You dare to take the technical final responsibility of the projects delivered by your team;
- You are passionate in what you do and disciplined to getting things done;
- You are ambitious and would like to grow within your career, for example into the job of System Architect.
Wat bieden wij jou
This concerns a permanent employment with our client. A first introductory meeting will take place with
Peter Brouwer of CO Engineers. You can send your application or questions, stating vacancy ref no.1071,
to: P.Brouwer@co-engineers.nl Tel. 06-18684890